When I was saving the photo, I accidentally named it ‘Sunshine Aware’ instead of award, which made me giggle so it stays.
One in ten people have never or will never see sunshine. Also, 98.9% of stats on the internet are made up.
Their Plight Is Real.
Welcome to the new Sunshine Aware award! If you have seen sunshine, have heard of sunshine, heard rumours of sunshine, or know of some guy in a dark alley who sells sunshine and human organs under his trench coat, seen a yellow Toyota Camry, or have ever heard an obnoxious song with mention of sunshine, then this award is for you!
Thank you to Elke at The Pretty Platform for picking me. I love your blog and after being away, I can see that I have some catching up to do! I also love that you have a new section called Better Pissed Off than Pissed On which made me laugh when I saw it because that’s some undeniable logic.
Unless you’re into that sort of thing, which is completely fine.
I know these awards are considered spam by some, but I love them. It makes me happy to know that people are reading my blog and enjoying it. It makes me happy to know that people are reading my blog and hating it, too, or not caring about it at all. Just a click and a What The Fuck is appreciated, because I write out of enjoyment, and knowing that someone has seen it feeds my ego. When I get an award, it means that someone has thought about me. I like being thought about (sleazy wink emoticon.)
So to the fun part!
How to Accept the Award?
- Link to the blogger who nominated you and say thanks.
- Nominate ten bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others.
- Link to the nominees and tell them about the nomination.
- Include the award logo in your blog post.
- List ten random pieces of information about yourself.
The Random Things
- Writing gives me performance anxiety. I love it and I enjoy it, but my brain is my own worst enemy and I still find it hard to get out of the writer’s block after so long.
- I love fried potatoes.
- I’m already going gray and I don’t mind.
- When I was seven, I bribed a girl to be my friend.
- I like picking my nose. Honestly, I find snot fascinating. Maybe that’s why I don’t have any friends?? Bribing someone at 28 is harder than bribing someone at 7.
- I don’t wear make up. I love make up, but I look like a clown when I try to put it on. Also I’m comfortable not wearing it.
- I sometimes wish I was more of a girly girl.
- When I was sixteen, I stole a roll of film from a $2 shop and was so overcome by guilt that I returned it.
- I like cold cups of tea. If anyone dares touch my tea before I’m done with it… a day later… then there’s hell to pay.
- I can wiggle my ears.
The Lucky Nominees
- Sarah Elizabeth Lane who will probably get a restraining order out against me since this is the second time I’ve spammed her. But seriously, her personality comes through in her writing and her writing can be hilarious and it can be serious, which I like.
- Art of Hookie was the first to like my very first post and I’m pleased he did. He lives my dream lifestyle and his writing is thoughtful, amusing, real. I’ve cried over his posts before, especially when he talks about his dog Chloe. I envy and admire him for knowing what he wants and doing it.
- Today, On Earth is a photography blog by Bill. Bill’s pictures are beautiful. I have quite a lot to catch up on, but I enjoy getting lost in his photos. The same can be said for
- Roving Bess who found me through Bill. Not only are her photos amazing, but when she does pair writing with her photography, the effects are dreamy and beautiful. I’ve never used that phrase before, but here it definitely applies. Write more, Bess! Which is what I like about
- China Sojourns Photography – 作客中国摄影 who pairs his photography with writing and I find myself forgetting the time when I read his pieces.
- Shut Up Dad is hilarious and slightly daggy, which is why I enjoy his blog so much. He also does comics – it’s well worth the time to read his post about the process of making comics. I don’t read them, but I still find the process fascinating. It made me wish I could draw.
- My Atheist Blog this guy is funny too. He’s a smart arse and wins at creative writing and seeing another way to interpret the Daily Post Challenges. He also wrote a beautiful piece about his wife which made me feel gooey.
- Ben’s Bitter Blog Yes, Ben is bitter. He writes a blog and it’s funny… except for the GIF usage dammit. I think he does that on purpose to enrage people further. I like the idea of giving a bitter Ben a Sunshine Award, so here it is! Thank you for the smiles! Everyone, go prod the bitter man.
And they all lived happily ever after. Except for Ben.
Also, have a look at my Hall of Fame. There are many more blogs that I love who should be read and hopefully enjoyed! That’s the other point of these Awards, reading people who you may not have stumbled on before.